Applications Invited – Global Youth Wing Secretary
Mission Statement: To promote and recognise the importance of young Memon’s in particular by developing the WMO Global Youth Wing with a view to preserving and protecting their sense of the value of their Memon identity and encouraging their desire to become more deeply involved in furthering the objects of the WMO in order to enable them to participate more fully in the development of their families and the Memon community worldwide;
Further to the establishment of the Global Youth Wing Structure in October 2017, the Global Youth Wing Secretary’s position has been a pivotal one.
With our current Secretary moving onto an advisory role within GYW due to job and family commitments, the role has become available for a suitably qualified person to take up.
The details of the roles & responsibilities of the position are set out in the WMO Constitution under the following link under pages 56-57;
This is an important role within the WMO. It shadows the role and responsibilities of the Global Youth Wing Chairman and involves communicating both within the WMO at all levels and externally to members and non-members alike as well as other institutions and bodies. The position is an exciting platform from which to bring about real change for the benefit of the community whilst improving one’s own performance through self-development to hopefully attain higher leadership roles within the WMO.
- SO 3.7.2 With reference to Articles 13.8.1 and 29 of the WMO Constitution, Global Youth Wing Members of the MC must be at least 25 years of age but the following shall not be subject to any upper age restriction: a. Global Youth Chairman; b. Global Youth Secretary; c. Global Youth Treasurer.
- The applicant shall reside in one of the established regions of the WMO; Pakistan, India, Middle East, Far East, Africa, Europe, US & Canada
- WMO is an equal opportunity body with both male and female candidates able to apply
- The candidate must be a minimum of a graduate having achieved a university degree (or equivalent) at any level
- The candidate must have a valid passport and be able to travel – Travel expenses will be provided if required
- The candidate must have the ability to correspond in English
- The candidate should be able to converse in Memon language (albeit it partially)
- The candidate should possess a “can do” attitude and have a helpful cooperative and flexible approach
- The candidate should be able to give on average 3-4 hours of desk time per week
Message from the Global Youth Wing Chairman
Whilst we thank our outgoing secretary for her services to the role and the WMO and wish her the very best in her job aspirations and family, we look to the future with excitement and anticipation.
Working within the WMO for the sake of Allah SWT is a huge privilege and blessing and a wonderfully satisfying way to work for the community to bring about real change. It is immensely satisfying to drive oneself for the benefit of others and also develop one’s own skill set, outlook and perspective on life whilst improving on that journey.
I can categorically say from personal experience that working within the charitable sector as a volunteer at any level should have profoundly satisfying, positive and fruitful impact on one’s own life and development Inshallah.
Within the WMO there is a momentum of change which wants to recognize and promote the immense talent that prevails and that we have been blessed with within the global Memon community.
I am really excited at the prospect of interviewing candidates for this position and whilst we know that only one position is available, we hope to be using this opportunity to bring into the WMO in some way all potential candidates applying for this role.
May Allah SWT guide us on the straight path and strive to do his work for the benefit of others without pride or prejudice – Aameen.
Founder Trustee & Global Youth Wing Chairman